Monday, September 12

Day Eight

Day eight was the kind of day that started out tough but ended up being rewarding. I started out in the coastal town of Raymond and started along an eastward highway toward the Chehalis area. As a whole the highway was characteristic of south-central Germany, like other parts of Washington as I've mentioned, with its rolling green hills with intermittent farmland. I then cut across the small towns of Napavine and Winlock to get to SR 12. From there the road followed the long valley toward the ascent to White Pass - I passed through the towns of Morton, Randle, and Packwood. There must have been a cycling event in the area as I saw larger number of cars with road bikes than in other areas. Unfortunately as I was climbing up White Pass I began to run out of sunlight and had to stop at the Mt. Rainier scenic outlook. As a whole this particular day turned out to be the longest day of the tour and also the longest ride I've ever done at 143 miles.
Cruising east toward Chehalis

More biking

Climbing

I didn't get too excited about this - NOT

Climbing up to  White Pass - in the dark!

No comments:

Post a Comment