Saturday, September 10

Day Six

Day Six covered the entire northern border of the Olympic Peninsula following mostly SR 112 and 101 from Port Townsend to Neah Bay. Although I initially planned to head south to Forks on SR 113, I was having such a good time cycling on SR 112 that I decided to go out to Neah Bay at the most northwestern point of the continental United States. At first the route to Port Angeles had a ton of traffic (even for a Thursday!) but I was relatively secluded on SR 112. In terms of scenery, the Strait of Juan de Fuca Scenic Byway is one of the best  with rolling hills that periodically descend next to coastal tidal zones. I couldn't have lucked out more in terms of weather - I only saw about three (small) clouds the entire day! To end the day, my dad and I hiked the Cape Flattery Trail that ends in amazing views of Tatoosh Island, sea caves, and the Pacific Ocean. Unfortunately when I pulled out my camera it was out of juice!

Near the docks in Port Angeles

Zipping through on SR 112

The Strait of Juan de Fuca!

No comments:

Post a Comment